Monday, July 16, 2012

New iCloud.com email addresses set to replace Me.com


Today Apple seeded to developers and while the full changelog has not been revealed one feature is very evident. Accounts created on iCloud.com will now have an @icloud.com email address instead of the @me.com address which is currently used.

Apple’s transition from me.com to icloud.com has been slow. Apple released their new cloud service last October left their users with the me.com address until now.

Any new users who sign up for a new Apple ID or activating an account for the first time on iOS 6 beta 3 will automatically receive an icloud.com email address instead of the @me.com address. It also seems that current a current user@me.com address will now become user@icloud.com.

This is not the first change in Apple’s cloud service. The previous me.com was the successor to iTools and .Mac services. Will Apple iCloud be the lasting solution or is this just another stepping stone in this ever evolving world.

Personally we prefer the me.com domain which is shorter than icloud.com, but as Apple is transitioning users to iCloud it looks like we wont have a choice.


sourceMacRumors
DJRipster Web Developer

Morbi aliquam fringilla nisl. Pellentesque eleifend condimentum tellus, vel vulputate tortor malesuada sit amet. Aliquam vel vestibulum metus. Aenean ut mi aucto.