Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nokia X7 - First Impressions


I received the Nokia X7 from Nokia yesterday and I was very excited to give my first impressions on the device before my unboxing and review. The X7 is the most beautiful device I have seen to date from Nokia, so beautiful in fact I was disappointed that the device was an X Series instead of an N-Series.

I do have a couple of issues with the design which I will detail in my review, but like all my first impressions, lets start with looking at the Good.

The X7 has a generous 4-inch display which is clasped by a metal frame. The device looks almost paper thin with it's 11.9 mm thin frame curving into the display.

The right side houses the volume and the camera buttons while the left has two removable trays for the SIM card and memory card. The top has the power button along with the 3.5mm audio jack and micro USB port.

The front is made up mostly of the display and you only have the earpiece on top on the home button at the bottom. The top and bottom corners of the front look to represent four speakers, but a quick test shows that the stereo speakers are located on the lower corners of the device.

The back houses the 8MP camera which is capable of capturing HD video at 720p. The dual LED flash ensures you have light during those low light photos.

Switching the phone shows Nokia has improved their start up time on Symbian and shows the X7 running Symbian Anna. The X7 alongside the Nokia E6 was launched running Symbian Anna and shows that Nokia has fine tuned the device with their latest version of Symbian.

I will get into details of the Symbian Anna experience on my review but I have to say that I am very happy with my first impressions on Symbian Anna. The new UI and performance improvements make the device user friendly and fun to use. The way the widgets load now make the home-screens load up faster as well.

Has Nokia come up with their best design yet ? Will Symbian Anna bring Nokia back up against Android and iOS ? Well you will have to wait for my review to find out the answers to those questions.
DJRipster Web Developer

Morbi aliquam fringilla nisl. Pellentesque eleifend condimentum tellus, vel vulputate tortor malesuada sit amet. Aliquam vel vestibulum metus. Aenean ut mi aucto.